Here is a list of the most common continuous improvement methodologies.
- Kaizen - A practice focused on optimizing workplace and personal processes by eliminating waste and inconsistencies while working as a team.
- PDCA - Plan-do-check-act provides a systematic way to improve processes by implementing changes, gathering data and analyzing their impacts.
- BPR - Where organizations look at larger sets of processes and activities, rather than just specific components of a workflow or system.
- 5S - Where teams create and maintain a safe an d high-performing work environment by sorting, setting in order, shining, standardizing, and sustaining improvements.
- 2S - A simpler method that teaches people to make a 2-second improvement every day and to identify wasteful behavior.
- GAP Analysis - Where teams analyze where the process is and where it needs to be to come up with improvements.
- Six Sigma - Where bad outcomes are reduced and quality improved by developing and implementing standard procedures.
Ready to innovate?
Take Ideanote for a test drive. No obligation. No reason not to.
Instantly collect valuable ideas.